[LLVMdev] Compiling FreeType 2.1.9 with LLVM 1.4

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Sun Dec 19 21:06:41 PST 2004

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 09:01:13PM -0800, Jeff Cohen wrote:
> Problem is, LLVM's front end *is* gcc and it works for you when using
> gcc.  But then, you're using gcc 3.3.5 and LLVM uses 3.4.  But then
> (again), I just built Freetype 2.1.7 on FreeBSD using gcc 3.4.2
> without problems.

Problem is, LLVM uses a version of GCC from CVS, so it's "sorta"
gcc-3.4, but it's not up-to-date on the 3.4 branch, so if GCC parsing
bugs have been fixed, we haven't gotten them all.

If it's C code with no inline assembly that GCC compiles, LLVM should
compile it too.  Please file a bug with preprocessed source, and if you
have the time to narrow down the source code to the minimum test case
that fails, we would appreciate it, and it will get the bug fixed that
much faster.

Thanks,
--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu