[LLVMdev] Building llvm and cfrontend under cygwin

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Dec 7 18:19:40 PST 2004

On Tue, 7 Dec 2004, Misha Brukman wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 11:23:39AM +1300, Oleg Smolsky wrote:
>>> 1. Make sure your path now includes <builddir>/Debug/bin instead of
>>>    <builddir>/tools/Debug. This changed a little while back.
>>
>> Interesting. I don't have llvm/Debug/ after building "tools-only". Is
>> that a symlink? Do symlinks work under cygwin? (I run xp and both of my
>> partitions are ntfs)
>
> You wouldn't have this, the change was made in CVS after the 1.3
> release.
>
>> BTW, docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html in the archive is not in-synch with the
>> web site.
>
> What's on the website reflects the current state of CVS and things have
> changed since the last release (1.3).

To be a bit more specific: you're trying to build LLVM 1.3 using the
mainline CVS directions.  Building the CFE is always tricky, so it's
important to exactly follow the correct instructions.  You should have a
version of the document corresponding to LLVM 1.3 in your llvm/docs
directory of the 1.3 distribution, or here:
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/releases/1.3/docs/.  Also note, LLVM 1.4 will be
released in the next few days, so if waiting is an option, you might
choose to do so.

-Chris

--
http://nondot.org/sabre/