[LLVMdev] POSIX compliance

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Tue Aug 31 11:08:37 PDT 2004

Henrik,

Since Interix is POSIX and SUS compatible, I've separated its
implementation in lib/System from SunOS. There are now separate *.cpp
files in lib/System/Interix. They *might* just compile for you. If not,
please correct and submit patches. Please update your configure script
and lib/System to get the changes. You'll need to reconfigure in order
to get the correct Interix support.

If you're not subscribed to llvm-commits yet, I suggest that you
subscribe so that you know when there are implementation changes in
lib/System that you need to be aware of. As I create new .cpp files in
lib/System (like I just did for SysConfig.cpp), I will create a version
in lib/System/Interix that I think works for that platform. Since I
can't test it, I'll need you to test and correct. I'll try to be as
responsive as I can on your patches.

Also, I'm only implementing Unix based platforms. I don't know Win32
well enough to even take a stab at it. So, if you want to begin the
implementation of Path, Program, Signals and SysConfig, that would be
WONDERFUL :)

Thanks,

Reid.