[LLVMdev] PrologEpilogInserter question

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sat Aug 28 11:04:34 PDT 2004

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Vladimir Prus wrote:

> Vladimir Prus wrote:
> > What's the division by 8 for? Neither 'CreateStackObject' nor
> > 'getSpillAlignment' documentation say what units the size is, but
> > everywhere it's in bytes. In my specific case, 'getSplillAlignment' returns
> > 4, which becomes 0 after division.
>
> Oh, it looks that backends now should specify register size in bits. I've
> updated my code, but it would be nice if 'getSpillAlignment' encode this
> information in the name, for example 'getSpillAlignmentInBits' or
> 'getBitsSpillAlignment'.

Sorry about that, I should have remembered that you had code outside the
tree that would be broken.  The ultimate goal is to convert everything to
be expressed in bits, instead of the mix of bits and bytes that we have
now.  Sorry again for breaking your target!  I think you just need to
change the register class declarations in your .td file to fix it if you
haven't already.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.org/