[LLVMdev] Can't get llvmg++ to work

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Aug 19 17:44:17 PDT 2004

On Wed, 18 Aug 2004, Jeff Cohen wrote:

> I'm another new person to LLVM.  I can't successfully compile and
> execute a simple C++ program.  The compiler seems to work, as it
> produces a.out and a.out.bc files, but I get a whole bunch of warnings:
> WARNING: Found global types that are not compatible:
>          "struct.std::messages<wchar_t>"* %_ZN9__gnu_cxx10messages_cE
>          [16 x sbyte]* %_ZN9__gnu_cxx10messages_cE

Note that, for the record, LLVM is perfectly correct to spew these
warnings.  These are due to funny games that libstdc++ is playing to make
sure that 'std::cout' and friends are initialized before they are used.

Despite it being correct, it's not useful at all.  Because of that, I
applied this patch:
http://mail.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/llvm-commits/Week-of-Mon-20040816/017351.html

... which should silence these warnings.

For your other problems, I would recommend (like others) that you rebuild
your CFE.  Please let us know if you have any other problems!

-Chris

--
http://llvm.org/
http://nondot.org/sabre/