[LLVMdev] compilation error after updated from cvs:

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Tue Aug 17 13:51:22 PDT 2004

On Tue, Aug 17, 2004 at 03:49:20PM -0500, John Criswell wrote:
> Misha Brukman wrote:
> >On Wed, Aug 18, 2004 at 12:16:04AM +0400, Valery A.Khamenya wrote:
> >>BTW, would it be nice to put Depend, Release and Debug
> >>into .cvsignore for other llvm fans too?
> >
> >I personally have a build directory outside of the source tree, and
> >don't encounter this problem.  :)
>
> I think I've actually seen this problem in my build tree as well, and
> srcdir!=objdir for me too.  So changing from srcdir==objdir to
> srcdir!=objdir may not magically solve the problem.

I think the problem Valery is talking about is that when you run 'cvs
up', it complains about Depend, Debug, Release, and Profile dirs, in
EVERY subdirectory (? Debug, etc).

I think it's unrelated to the Makefile issue he mentioned earlier.
Correct me if I'm wrong, Vallery.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu