[LLVMdev] Re: [llvm-announce] LLVM 1.3 Release!]

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Aug 16 10:49:36 PDT 2004

On Mon, 16 Aug 2004, Misha Brukman wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 16, 2004 at 01:07:39PM +0200, Robert Feldt wrote:
> > However, when I go back to rebuild llvm, reconfigure, setting the
> > CFEINSTALL dir, then make it can build the tools ok but not the
> > runtime:
> [snip]
> > Compiling crtend.c to bytecode
> > Files/ATI: not found
> [snip]
> > I don't understand the error message since I see no reference to
> > Files/ATI. Any clues?
>
> Can you please give us the output log with you run "gmake VERBOSE=1"?
> That should give us the exact compilation line used.

In addition to what Misha said, please check to see that you're not trying
to build LLVM in a directory that has spaces in it.  For some reason, the
cygwin bash gets confused with spaces (it's probably bugs in our makefiles
or something), but I never got to fixing it.

If you try unpacking the LLVM tree in /LLVM or something, it should work.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.org/
http://nondot.org/sabre/