[LLVMdev] API on JIT, code snippets

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Aug 9 15:20:49 PDT 2004

On Mon, 9 Aug 2004, Reid Spencer wrote:

> Attached are three files: "valery.cpp" which contains your original, "reid.cpp"
> which contains corrections to most of the FIXME items and "diffs" which shows
> the differences between them.  The differences should be instructive on what to
> do.  You were really, really close .. just a few details changing.  The code in
> "reid.cpp" compiles but I haven't tested it. I'll leave that to you.

Cool, thanks Reid!

> There is only one remaining item that I don't know how to do. After
> ExecutionEngine::runFunction, you want to extract the result int value from the
> function. The runFunction method returns a GenericValue but I don't see an
> obvious way to get an actual value from this class.

I'm not Misha, but if you have a GenericValue that is an int, just use
GV.IntVal to get at it.  GenericValue is just a union (defined in
include/llvm/ExecutionEngine/GenericValue.h), which can represent any
first-class value that LLVM functions can return.

-Chris

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/