[LLVMdev] Why I cannot use PgmDependenceGraph?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Fri Aug 6 00:35:02 PDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, xia_yimin wrote:

> I want to use PgmDependenceGraph pass , but my pass cannot work with PgmDependenceGraph.
> I tried again in Hello2 pass, and it could not work also.
> The following is I did with llvm/lib/Transforms/Hello.cpp:
> 	1.insert #include "llvm/Analysis/PgmDependenceGraph.h" in Hello.cpp.
> 	2.insert AU.addRequired<PgmDependenceGraph>() in the getAnalysisUsage(AnalysisUsage &AU) of Hello2.
>         3.made the hello pass, it passed.
>         4.do "opt -load /llvm/lib/Debug/libhello.so -hello2 helloTheWorld.bc", and opt gives me:
> Has anybody tell me the reason and what should I do?

Unfortunately -ipmodref and the -pgmdepgraph passes (both listed as
experimental in the release notes :) ) probably don't work.  I don't know
of anyone who is actively using them for some time, and as they have no
tests, they have probably bit rotted.  Sorry! :(

What are you trying to do?  It's quite possible that you can do it with
the normal AliasAnalysis interface...

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/