[LLVMdev] Error: Program contains no debugging information!

Frank Liu fjliu at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 4 21:04:34 PDT 2004

Hi,

I have a question about using lldm-db. I compiled a simple
program using "llvmgcc -g" and loaded the resulting .bc
file into llvm-db, but when I tried to set a breakpoint by
"b main", it complained "Error: Program contains no
debugging information!". Is there anything obvious that I
did wrong here? What do I need to do to produce debugging
info in the .bc file so that I can set a breakpoint in the
debugger? Any help would be appreciated!

Regards,

Frank