[LLVMdev] Compiler Driver Decisions

Misha Brukman brukman at uiuc.edu
Wed Aug 4 07:38:54 PDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 04, 2004 at 01:17:24AM -0500, Chris Lattner wrote:
> On Tue, 3 Aug 2004, Reid Spencer wrote:
> > I'm not thrilled with llvm-gen because it has overtones of "code
> > generation" (which actually isn't far from the truth). But, it
> > conjures up the wrong kind of tool .. something more like yacc or
> > bison. However, I don't have any good alternatives in mind. I'll
> > ponder some more.
>
> How about llvm-comp?

Sorry, that makes no sense to me, and I am a compiler developer. :)

`comp' is too common as a root of many words in common use --
`compare', `compassion', etc.  On this list are `computer' and
`compiler', and that doesn't help things any.

--
Misha Brukman :: http://misha.brukman.net :: http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu