[LLVMdev] x86 cogen quality

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Apr 26 10:29:01 PDT 2004

Finn S Andersen wrote:
> Chris Lattner wrote:
>
>> I can't reproduce this failure with mainline CVS using either lli or llc:
>>
>> $ lli -regalloc=linearscan a.out.bc
>> $ echo $status
>> 0
>>
>> Are you sure that the CVS version is in your path?
>>

> After configure and make I run make install, which moves the executables
> to /usr/local/bin, right ?   And yes, they are in my path.

I am not sure if the "make install" target will work as expected.
Generally, we compile LLVM and set our paths to the
OBJECT_ROOT/tools/Debug directory (as described in the LLVM "Getting
Started" guide).  I seem to recall that someone added some support for
the install target, but I don't know if it is complete.  If any work as
been done, it has probably been registered in BugZilla as an enhancement.

> But thank you very much for trying to reproduce the problem. It must be
> some configuration problem on my side then. I do see other strange
> problems,
> such as a long list of type conflicts when linking c++ programs. I will
> clean up everything and install all over.
>
> Best regards
> /Finn

Regards,

-- John T.

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *