[LLVMdev] x86 cogen quality

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Apr 26 07:51:01 PDT 2004

On Mon, 26 Apr 2004, Finn S Andersen wrote:
> Alkis Evlogimenos wrote:
>
> >Is there a chance you can try cvs? I would be interested to
> >get a simplified test case where the allocator breaks. A lot of
> >improvements went into the x86 backend since 1.2 and we currently have
> >no test cases where the allocator breaks today.

> I updated and recompiled and the error is still there. It turns out that I
> cannot use the bugpoint utility to narrow down the error, because it
> is not a miscompilation and it is not a compiler pass. It is a co-gen pass
> and to provoke it I need to pass the regalloc=linearscan to llc or lli,
> but the bugpoint utility does not support it.

Ah yeah, that's PR#40.

> I attach a small bytecode file that triggers the bug.

I can't reproduce this failure with mainline CVS using either lli or llc:

$ lli -regalloc=linearscan a.out.bc
$ echo $status
0

Are you sure that the CVS version is in your path?

> My apologies for trying to submit a bug through email to this list,
> but there appear to be some problem with bugzilla. Although I have
> opened an account, registered a password and confirmed it through
> mail, I am still rejected by bugzilla when I try to log in.

No problem.  A second best choice to send bug reports is to the llvmbugs
mailing list.  Please send Misha (Misha Brukman <brukman at cs.uiuc.edu>) and
I details about what went wrong with your bugzilla signup and we'll try to
fix the problem.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/