[LLVMdev] x86 cogen quality

Finn S Andersen finna at synputer.com
Fri Apr 23 08:16:00 PDT 2004

Chris Lattner wrote:

>You can check out the whole CVS tree at once, which is going to be a lot
>easier than pulling it down from CVSweb :)  Here are the instructions:
>http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/GettingStarted.html#checkout

Ouch, how embarrasing - I looked for that place,
but apparently failed to notice it. Sorry.

Anyhow, I checked it out as described (in a clean directory), recompiled
and ... the problem is still there. More strange, it also fails to work with
the "simple" regalloc.

I will submit a bug, but first I must figure out how to use the bugpoint
utility.

Just to rule out one case of confusion:
1) I build the tools with no options, except for pointing out to
   configure, where the llvmgcc is.
2) I try to enable linear scan register allocation by supplying
    "-regalloc=linearscan" to "lli" - no other options are needed, right ?

The code triggering the bug is the "lame" benchmark in the "mibench"
benchmark suite, by the way.

best regards,
/Finn