[LLVMdev] An LLVM 1.3 Request

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Wed Apr 14 01:18:01 PDT 2004

> I know.  Perhaps someday we can make the change.  In fact, there are
> CVS->subversion gateways.  If there was a CVS->subversion gateway,
> couldn't you do your development on a subversion branch from the gateway?

That's an interesting idea that I'll look into. However, I'm pretty
certain any such gateway would still require me to log n to CVS or it
would be a "read only" gateway which wouldn't be much use.

One thing I *could* do is set up a gateway with subversion so that it
keeps itself synchronized with CVS, do all my changes, etc. and then
when you guys are ready to move to subversion just donate the whole
(new) repository back to the LLVM project. Would you be interested in
that?

Reid.