[LLVMdev] 134.perl

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 1 14:05:01 PST 2004

Vinay S. Belgaumkar wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>    It did compile when I gave that option. But it gives me an error when
> I try to run the executable on an Intel machine.

First, I should point out that 134.perl from SPEC95 isn't working with
code generated by llc at the moment.  It appears to work, though, with
our Just in Time Compiler.  It seems to be a linking issue of some sort.

Second, how to run the SPEC benchmarks using our testing framework:

> -----
> 1513158 is not prime.
> Exception handler needed, but not enabled.  Recompile program with
> -enable-correct-eh-support.
> lli[0x8429bb4]
> lli[0x8429dc0]
> /lib/libc.so.6[0x40128c18]
> /lib/libc.so.6(abort+0x161)[0x40129cb5]
> [0x403da922]
> ../../../i386: line 4: 27606 Aborted                 lli
> -load=/usr/lib/libm.so $0.bc $*
> ---------------------------------------
>
> I am suspecting that the Makefile is missing quite a few options that
> should be included. Do you have a list of Makefiles used to compile
> spec95/spec2000 benchmarks ?  That would be of great help.

Yes, we have a set of Makefiles for compiling the SPEC95 and SPEC2000
benchmarks (at least, the C and C++ benchmarks).

The Makefiles are located in llvm/test/Programs/External/SPEC.  The
easiest way to use them is to use the --enable-spec2000 and
--enable-spec95 options of the configure script.

For example, our machines have SPEC95 installed in the directory
/home/vadve/shared/benchmarks/spec95, so I would use:

llvm/configure
--enable-spec95=/home/vadve/shared/benchmarks/spec95/benchspec

... to enable testing of SPEC95.

Please note that the use of SPEC is disabled unless you specifically
enable it.

Then, just cd into OBJ_ROOT/llvm/test/Programs/External/SPEC and type
"make" to run the SPEC tests.

I should also mention that we only support the integer benchmarks of
SPEC95 (since the floating point benchmarks are in FORTRAN), and that
small modifications were needed to get SPEC95 to compile correctly under
Linux with llvm-gcc.  SPEC2000, to my knowledge, does not have any of
these problems.

Having said all of this, not all of the SPEC95 benchmarks work.
SPEC2000 is in better health, though, so you may want to use it if you
have it.

Please let us know if you have any more problems or find anything weird.

Thanks, and sorry 134.perl isn't working yet.

> Thanx,

-- John T.

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *