[LLVMdev] induction variables

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Sep 10 09:58:02 PDT 2003

On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Chris Lattner wrote:

> I suspect that what you _really_ want to know is the trip count of the
> loop, and this is the right way to compute it IMO.

Vikram pointed out to me off list that Misha wrote some code to compute
the trip count of simple loops, available as the
InductionVariable::getExecutionCount() method.  This code currently only
handles really simple loops (whose conditions directly use a canonical
induction variable), but it could be a good starting point.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/