[LLVMdev] cfrontend/src/configure

Brian R. Gaeke gaeke at uiuc.edu
Wed Oct 29 12:22:02 PST 2003

> #! /usr/dcs/software/supported/bin/bash
> I think we could be more liberalistic :)

Hi,

This anomaly is noted in the documentation for building the C front-end
(http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/docs/CFEBuildInstrs.html); in step 4 it advises
you to edit src/configure and "change the first line (starting w/ #!) to
contain the correct full pathname of sh."

We do provide binaries of the C front-end. Anyone who can should use
these binaries. Configuring and building the C front-end is harder than
it might look.

That said, I will try to figure out why Chris made this use bash in the
first place; thanks for reminding me to do so. I don't see any particular
need for it.

Take care,
-Brian Gaeke

gaeke at uiuc.edu