[LLVMdev] Question about structure of SymbolTable

Robert Mykland robert at mykland.com
Mon Nov 17 19:01:01 PST 2003

Brian,

Global symbols including new named types are named in the global symbol
table.  In addition each function contains a local symbol table naming
local items, including temporary variables.

I'm busy documenting all this, but I'm also busy writing a code generator
for my architecture, so haven't gotten enough through everything to
completely document the bytecode language.  Symbol tables in LLVM are easy
though.

Hope this answers your question.

-- Robert.