[LLVMdev] llvm 1.0, g++, SuSE 9, internal compiler error

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Nov 13 12:41:01 PST 2003

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, [koi8-r] "Valery A.Khamenya[koi8-r] "  wrote:
> > You can try sending a bug report to SuSE.
>
> hm, sending bug report is not my favorite hobby :)

Well if you don't, it might never get fixed :(

> > That said, if you can figure out what is causing the problem,
>
> well, I know:
>
> assert( expression && "my way to kick out gcc from SuSE 9 :)" )
> BTW, the following
> (expression && "my way to kick out gcc from SuSE 9 :)")
> is ok for gcc. So the problem comes from composition this argument with assert itself.

If it is just one or two places in the source base, it's probably ok to
work around this.  If the SuSE compiler has problems with that construct
in general, however, it will never compile LLVM (we use it all over the
place).

It might be possible to hack your <cassert> header file or something
though...

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/