[LLVMdev] llvm 1.0, g++, SuSE 9, internal compiler error

"?=Valery A.Khamenya=?koi8-r?Q?" khamenya at mail.ru
Thu Nov 13 11:38:01 PST 2003

Hi aLLvm,

  compiling LLVMrelease 1.0 under SuSE 9 brings the following:

-------------------
vak at linux:~/llvm/llvm> make
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/vak/llvm/llvm/lib/Support'
Compiling CommandLine.cpp
CommandLine.cpp: In function `void RemoveArgument(const char*,
cl::Option*)':
CommandLine.cpp:75: internal compiler error: in
convert_from_eh_region_ranges_1
   , at except.c:1159
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.suse.de/feedback> for instructions.
make[1]: *** [/home/vak/llvm/llvm/lib/Support/Debug/CommandLine.lo]
Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/vak/llvm/llvm/lib/Support'
make: *** [all] Error 1
----------------------

here is g++ version:
------------------------------------
vak at linux:~/llvm/llvm> g++ --version
g++ (GCC) 3.3.1 (SuSE Linux)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.
------------------------------------

Your favorite choice:

- Valery's mistake (default)
- gcc bug
- problem with SuSE distribution
- llvm sources were too sophisticated or overdeveloped
- <<I'd like to call my friend for an advice>>

?

:)

best regards
--