[LLVMdev] assert failure

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Tue Nov 11 17:13:01 PST 2003

> I am trying to add declarations of some functions in a module,
> and the following assert is failing
> test_task_inst: Type.cpp:130: const Type* Type::getForwardedTypeInternal() const: Assertion `ForwardType && "This type is not being forwarded to another type!"' failed.
>
> Any idea what the bug might be? The code was working about
> 3 months ago, and I am not aware of any changes that might
> cause it to fail.

I have no idea.  When did you last update your tree?  What functions are
you trying to add?  If you're using the

Function *Module::getOrInsertFunction(const std::string &Name, const Type *RetTy,...);

method, make sure to null terminate the type list.

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/