[LLVMdev] porting glibc

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Mar 10 11:29:02 PST 2003

On Sat, 8 Mar 2003, Francesco Spadini wrote:
> Yeah, that's the easy part.  My ISA is going to have a near 1:1 mapping to
> LLVM bytecode.

You're approach makes sense, and nobody is working on that project yet.
You're right that having to provide tons of library calls will both be a
pain, and will skew any numbers...

Things to look out for:

You will basically want to treat LLVM as a "new" target in glibc, so there
may be some "porting" that needs to be done.  Basically glibc has a large
amount of "generic" code (written in C), then some arch specific optimized
code (often written in asm).  You do not want to get the asm versions
obviously, so you'll either want to tell the configure process that you're
using some generic target or some new one.

Good luck, let me know if you run into any problems!

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/