[LLVMdev] Core LLVM status update

Brian R. Gaeke gaeke at uiuc.edu
Fri Jun 27 12:18:01 PDT 2003

> 4. Brian has been hard at work adding the finishing touches on the static
>    compiler (LLC) for X86.  Last I heard he had all but one benchmark
>    working!

While llc has made a substantial amount of progress, this is perhaps
too charitable an assessment of X86 LLC's capabilities.  Here are the
test cases that fail solely under LLC on X86 as of last night (there
are more failures that are shared by several backends):

        SPEC: 183.equake 164.gzip 186.crafty 300.twolf
        MultiSource: fhourstones eks main vor bintr imp bh bc
        SingleSource: Oscar

-Brian

"Past performance is not indicative of future results. Please
be sure to request a prospectus before investing in any compiler
infrastructure."

gaeke at uiuc.edu