[LLVMdev] Location of the x86 JIT compiler tool

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Thu Jul 31 12:50:01 PDT 2003

> I'm mainly insterested on the x86 JIT compiler.
>
> /lib/Target/X86/README.txt talks about 'Jello', the JIT compiler,
> which should be on /tools/jello. I think that changed to /tools/lli
> and now comprises a bytecode interpreter as well. Is that right?

Yes, that's right.  Jello was the code name for the original LLVM JIT,
which has now been incorporated with the interpreter.  The main "JIT"
machinery is now located in tools/lli/JIT, and the X86 specific parts are
in lib/Target/X86.  Note that the JIT also has support for the Sparc
architecture as well.  :)

I'll update the README.

-Chris

--