[LLVMdev] Getting A Type By Name

Reid Spencer reid at x10sys.com
Wed Dec 31 00:55:02 PST 2003

What's the RightWay(tm) to get a named type?

I want to use the Module's symbol table as a repository for named types.
But, it doesn't have a way to get the type out unless you already know
what it is (i.e. the addTypeName() method). Similarly the SymbolTable
class's lookup() method requires a type as well. The Type class also
didn't have anything obvious.

I want something like:

Type* Module::getNamedType( std::string& name );

which returns the type if found or null if not found.

This is too simple to not be implemented so I figured I'm looking in the
wrong places.

Enlighten me, please?

Reid.