[LLVMdev] pthread?

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Dec 24 00:04:03 PST 2003

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003, Kevin Gibbs wrote:

> Try
> llvmgcc pthread.c -o pthread.ll -pthread
>
> You have to link in the pthreads library, and I believe -pthread is all you
> need on a redhat 9 box.

Yup, in theory this should work.  However, in practice it looks like it
doesn't, on redhat 8 at least.  The problem is that (in RH8)
/usr/lib/libpthread.so is not actually a library, it's a linker script.

Because of this you might need to edit the script generated by gccld (the
pthread.ll file in your case) to pass '--load libpthread.so.0' into lli
before the $0.bc argument.  This should give you something like this:

---
#!/bin/sh
lli \
  --load=/lib/libpthread.so.0 \
  $0.bc $*
---

I think that will work.  If it doesn't, please let me know.  You might
have to adjust the .so file name to be whatever the linker script says, if
necessary.

-Chris

-Chris

--