[LLVMdev] another question

John Criswell criswell at cs.uiuc.edu
Thu Dec 4 10:09:03 PST 2003

Dear Yue,

	I haven't been able to reproduce the error that you've gotten here.

	Two questions:

	1. Did you clean out the source tree before creating the new object
tree (i.e. does the source tree have Debug directories, Output
directories)?  If these directories are not gone, then the LLVM build
might use them.

	2. Have you tried not using the -C option of gmake?  It seems to work
for me, but I wouldn't be surprised if our Makefiles don't handle it
properly.

	3. Can you email us a copy of your Makefile.config?

	Thanks.

-- John T.

yue wrote:
> hi,
> when i change the OBJ_ROOT and recompile the llvm, it's successful.
> but run following test, then the error occues:
> [yue at RH9 obj]$ make -C ./test/Programs
> make: Entering directory `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs'
> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource'
> make[2]: Entering directory
> `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource/UnitTests'
> make[3]: Entering directory
> `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource/UnitTests/SetjmpLongjmp'
> /home/yue/llvm/obj/tools/Debug/gccas
> /home/yue/llvm/test/Programs/SingleSource/UnitTests/SetjmpLongjmp/Output/C++Catch.linked.rll
> -o Output/C++Catch.linked.bc
> /home/yue/llvm/obj/tools/Debug/gccas: error opening
> Output/C++Catch.linked.bc!
> make[3]: *** [Output/C++Catch.linked.bc] Error 1
> make[3]: Leaving directory
> `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource/UnitTests/SetjmpLongjmp'
> make[2]: *** [all] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory
> `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource/UnitTests'
> make[1]: *** [UnitTests/.makeall] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs/SingleSource'
> make: *** [SingleSource/.makeall] Error 2
> make: Leaving directory `/home/yue/llvm/obj/test/Programs'
> [yue at RH9 obj]$
>
> could someone kown how to solve the problem?
>
> thanks

* John T. Criswell                         Email: criswell at uiuc.edu *
* Research Programmer                                               *
* University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign                        *
* "It's today!" said Piglet. "My favorite day," said Pooh.          *