[LLVMdev] splitting up program into multiple threads

Francesco Spadini spadini at crhc.uiuc.edu
Thu Apr 10 21:20:01 PDT 2003

	I have a sort of strange request -- I am splitting up a program
into multiple threads, which may have duplicated instructions between
them.  I'd like to run optimizations on the threads separately, but I'd
like for the variables common amongst the threads to get register
allocated the same way (i.e, a value that is duplicated in the two threads
gets mapped to the same register/memory location).  Is there a cleaner way
to this other than to make all the shared variables global?  Thanks in
advance for any advice.

--
Francesco Spadini
http://www.crhc.uiuc.edu/~spadini