[LLVMdev] Setting the Type in the Alloca Inst

Karthik Pattabiraman pattabir at cs.uiuc.edu
Mon Sep 16 22:21:01 PDT 2002

Previously the Constructor for the Alloca Instruction took the type of
the returned value. But now it has been updated to take the type of the
Pointer Operand. My question is: how do I set the type of the return
value of Alloca ? My code uses the old form of the constructor, and when
the pointer is passed to "replaceAllUsesWith()" of an Instruction
Pointer,  an assert fails saying that the the types do not match. It
used to work fine in the old code ? Am I making some mistake here, or is
this because of the changes ?

Thanks,

- Karthik