[LLVMdev] another question

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Mon Sep 16 17:12:00 PDT 2002

> I may be incorrect, but here it goes anyway.

Bill is absolutely right, one comment though...

> The second is iterating through a basic block which is a list of
> instructions. The first few instructions in a basic block are the Phi
> nodes used in SSA. The BasicBlock::iterator returns an instruction type
> (right?).

BasicBlock::iterator iterators over the contents of the basic block, which
are the instructions in the block.  This *I (where I is a
BasicBlock::iterator) returns a reference to an instruction in the basic
block (not really it's type).

Thanks for the help Bill!

-Chris

http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/