[LLVMdev] help interpreting DSGraph->dump

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Wed Oct 30 20:34:01 PST 2002

> How can I read the results (so that I can manually verify that my
> passes are making a good job) or there is some other DSGraph function
> better suited for human consumption?

First off, make sure you are sending the graphs through the "dot" utility.
It turns them into a nice format that is much easier to visualize than the
text format... :)

> I've been using DSGraph->dump() to get the DSGraph of some functions,
> but the report make little sense to me. I'm specially looking for the
> "N" flag mentioned by prof. vikram yesterday.

I'm not sure what your question is, but the N class means "new" or
allocated by a malloc call.  There are lots of other flags, which come
from this code snippet in Printer.cpp:

  if (N->NodeType & DSNode::ScalarNode) OS << "S";
  if (N->NodeType & DSNode::AllocaNode) OS << "A";
  if (N->NodeType & DSNode::NewNode   ) OS << "N";
  if (N->NodeType & DSNode::GlobalNode) OS << "G";
  if (N->NodeType & DSNode::Incomplete) OS << "I";
  if (N->NodeType & DSNode::Modified  ) OS << "M";
  if (N->NodeType & DSNode::Read      ) OS << "R";