[LLVMdev] LLVM major mode for XEmacs

Misha Brukman brukman at cs.uiuc.edu
Tue Oct 8 19:43:03 PDT 2002

I have just added llvm/utils/emacs/llvm-mode.el which is a major mode for
LLVM assembly files. This mode color-codes keywords, integers, and
strings, comments, labels and the like. It does NOT do syntax-directed
indentation or any other fancy things you might expect from a major mode.

Unfortunately, it does not work with the plain vanilla GNU Emacs. It's
fine with XEmacs though.

To give it a whirl, let's say llvm-mode.el is in directory ~/.elisp
(though you can just keep it in the cvs tree).

Add to your ~/.emacs:

;; llvm
(setq load-path (cons (expand-file-name "~/.elisp") load-path))
(require 'llvm-mode)

I know there are some issues with miss-coloring syntax errors and such.
Patches will be appreciated for Emacs compatibility or improvements in
general! You might even get a cookie! :)

-misha