[LLVMdev] opt can not load module

Juan Nicolas Ruiz juanruiz at students.uiuc.edu
Fri Nov 15 16:52:02 PST 2002

I just recompiled the opt executable, but when trying to load a
dynamic module I get the following error:

% opt -load $LLVM_DIR/lib/Debug/libdsgraphshow.so --help
Error opening
'/usr/dcs/projects/cs426/juanruiz/llvm/lib/Debug/libdsgraphshow.so':
ld.so.1: opt: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/dcs/projects/cs426/juanruiz/llvm/lib/Debug/libdsgraphshow.so:
symbol _ZN7DSGraphC1ER8FunctionPS_: referenced symbol not found
  -load request ignored.

$LLVM_DIR points to the right directory, libdsgraphshow.so exists and
is in the right place, and both opt and libdsgraphshow.so are freshly
recompiled.

Any ideas?