[LLVMdev] getAnalysis()

Chris Lattner sabre at nondot.org
Sun Nov 3 17:50:00 PST 2002

> > Hrm, with these two lines I don't see anything that could be wrong.  If
> > you're using doInitialization, I assume that you're using a FunctionPass.
> > Although FunctionPass's should be able to require interprocedural Pass's,
> > maybe it's causing a problem here.  Try changing your pass to subclass
> > Pass directly (and use run), and see if you can still reproduce it.
>
> Using a normal Pass instead of a FunctionPass seems to solve the problem.
> Should I just go ahead and implement my pass that way, or is there likely to
> be a solution to make it work with a FunctionPass?

For now, definately write your pass as an interprocedural pass.  I will
eventually look into why it doesn't work, but I'm going to be busy for the
next couple of weeks... once it gets resolved, you can choose whether you
want to convert your pass over or not...

-Chris

--
http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/
http://www.nondot.org/~sabre/Projects/