[llvm] [LV] Make partial-reduction naming consistent (NFC) (PR #222377)
Sander de Smalen via llvm-commits
llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 2 06:18:47 PDT 2026
================
@@ -4947,12 +4947,12 @@ struct ExtendedReductionOperand {
ReductionExtend ExtendA, ExtendB;
};
-/// A chain of recipes that form a partial reduction. Matches either
+/// A collection of recipes that form a partial reduction. Matches either
/// reduction_bin_op (extended op, accumulator), or
/// reduction_bin_op (accumulator, extended op).
/// The possible forms of the "extended op" are listed in
/// matchExtendedReductionOperand.
-struct VPPartialReductionChain {
+struct VPPartialReduction {
----------------
sdesmalen-arm wrote:
I personally would favour '`PartialReductionDescriptor`' as it merely describes the elements used to form a partial reduction operation later. It doesn't link to any other `VPPartialReduction` objects, so from that perspective the object itself doesn't directly describe that it's part of a chain either, only the wider context that uses it (i.e. `createPartialReductions`) knows that, so I think it's fine to omit it from the name.
I also believe we can drop the `VP` because it's just an internal utility struct in this file (it's not related to anything in VPlan).
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/222377
More information about the llvm-commits
mailing list