[llvm] [SCEV] Strip incorrect known-false WrapPred check (PR #225086)

Ramkumar Ramachandra via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 30 00:36:36 PDT 2026


artagnon wrote:

> TBH I'm still confused on why this code is incorrect. The code here chooses not to rewrite an addrec using a predicate -- shouldn't that always be a valid thing to do?

The question is about whether or not to vectorize the code based on the predicate -- perhaps not vectorizing on the grounds that the Predicate is known-false is correct, and choosing to vectorizing it based on the grounds on that there is no Predicate, with the original AddRec is also technically correct?
 
> (Removing the code on the grounds that it seems to be useless in practice is reasonable, I just don't get why it's wrong.)

Perhaps, I'll try to re-phrase the commit message once again.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/225086


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list