[llvm] [AMDGPU][NewInsertWaitcnt] Add Event Tracker (PR #226970)

Vasileios Porpodas via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 28 11:58:18 PDT 2026


https://github.com/vporpo commented:

I think the overall design is in the right direction, but it looks like that the implementation is somewhat "polluted" with state that could be added later. I understand that this is because you were validating this against the old pass, but we can add all that legacy stuff when needed.

I added some comments, but I would suggest breaking this patch down into smaller patches. This would help a lot with code reviews. I would start with the most basic data structures, like the records and the counter as a first patch, with only the necessary fields that would make them usable in the new pass (i.e., no state to emulate the legacy stuff, we can add these later when needed).

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/226970


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list