[llvm] [AMDGPU][NewInsertWaitcnts] Boilerplate for the new wait insertion pass (PR #226335)

Chinmay Deshpande via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sat Sep 26 19:18:03 PDT 2026


chinmaydd wrote:

Thanks for responding.

> These are great points to discuss, either here or on discourse, but I am not so sure they belong to the commit message. The commit message is more about what the patch does, not so much about the long term development/deployment plan etc.

While I agree with you, I think we can draw a line between the commit message and the PR description as one sees on Github. Adding context to the PR description is helpful in this case due to the lack of a PR stack that could have provided some information to a passing-by reviewer. Ofcourse, if there is a Discourse / other formal documentation that would be much helpful.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/226335


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list