[llvm] [Mips][BranchFolding] Enable safe tail merging (PR #225382)

via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Tue Sep 22 05:24:00 PDT 2026


github-actions[bot] wrote:

<!--LLVM CODE FORMAT COMMENT: {clang-format}-->


:warning: C/C++ code formatter, clang-format found issues in your code. :warning:

<details>
<summary>
You can test this locally with the following command:
</summary>

``````````bash
git-clang-format --diff origin/main HEAD --extensions h,cpp -- llvm/lib/CodeGen/BranchFolding.cpp llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MipsInstrInfo.cpp llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MipsInstrInfo.h llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MipsTargetMachine.cpp --diff_from_common_commit
``````````

:warning:
The reproduction instructions above might return results for more than one PR
in a stack if you are using a stacked PR workflow. You can limit the results by
changing `origin/main` to the base branch/commit you want to compare against.
:warning:

</details>

<details>
<summary>
View the diff from clang-format here.
</summary>

``````````diff
diff --git a/llvm/lib/CodeGen/BranchFolding.cpp b/llvm/lib/CodeGen/BranchFolding.cpp
index fca691434..3dafdcb6d 100644
--- a/llvm/lib/CodeGen/BranchFolding.cpp
+++ b/llvm/lib/CodeGen/BranchFolding.cpp
@@ -754,10 +754,8 @@ unsigned BranchFolder::ComputeSameTails(unsigned CurHash,
     for (MPIterator I = std::prev(CurMPIter); I->getHash() == CurHash; --I) {
       unsigned CommonTailLen;
       if (ProfitableToMerge(CurMPIter->getBlock(), I->getBlock(),
-                            MinCommonTailLength,
-                            CommonTailLen, TrialBBI1, TrialBBI2,
-                            SuccBB, PredBB,
-                            EHScopeMembership,
+                            MinCommonTailLength, CommonTailLen, TrialBBI1,
+                            TrialBBI2, SuccBB, PredBB, EHScopeMembership,
                             AfterBlockPlacement, MBBFreqInfo, PSI) &&
           // Check both tails even if one is an entire block: replacing the
           // other tail can introduce a branch at its start.

``````````

</details>


https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/225382


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list