[llvm] [Transforms][Utils] Strip unnamed_addr on indirect call promotion (PR #221121)
Aiden Grossman via llvm-commits
llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 21 19:51:57 PDT 2026
boomanaiden154 wrote:
> It isn't clear if the same is intended to apply to functions; it doesn't say explicitly. But, if it that does apply, then this PR may not actually be sufficient to solve the issue? (As we could still merge Ptr::get (which is still marked unnamed_addr) into Ref::get (whose unnamed_addr is removed after this PR).
For the ICF interaction, I think we should be fine as far as I'm aware, lld requires that all the sections it merges together do not have address significance. But that doesn't preclude other parts of the toolchain from doing this (e.g., not sure what `MergeFunctions` would do here).
But we shouldn't be relying on behavior unspecified by LangRef. I'll look into it and probably send a LangRef PR.
https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/221121
More information about the llvm-commits
mailing list