[llvm] [IR] Use `uint64_t` when assigning `getZExtValue` into `I` (PR #224648)

via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 21 07:20:35 PDT 2026


llvmorg-github-actions[bot] wrote:


<!--LLVM PR SUMMARY COMMENT-->

@llvm/pr-subscribers-llvm-ir

Author: Igor Wodiany (IgWod)

<details>
<summary>Changes</summary>

This prevents a potential multiplication overflow when a constant is later built with `ConstantInt::get()`. This fixes an issues reported by a CodeQL scan.

---
Full diff: https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/224648.diff


1 Files Affected:

- (modified) llvm/lib/IR/AutoUpgrade.cpp (+2-2) 


``````````diff
diff --git a/llvm/lib/IR/AutoUpgrade.cpp b/llvm/lib/IR/AutoUpgrade.cpp
index 75fc03c22222bb..16ff20a3d99469 100644
--- a/llvm/lib/IR/AutoUpgrade.cpp
+++ b/llvm/lib/IR/AutoUpgrade.cpp
@@ -5915,7 +5915,7 @@ void llvm::UpgradeIntrinsicCall(CallBase *CI, Function *NewFn) {
     }
     auto *RetTy = cast<ScalableVectorType>(F->getReturnType());
     unsigned MinElts = RetTy->getMinNumElements();
-    unsigned I = cast<ConstantInt>(CI->getArgOperand(1))->getZExtValue();
+    uint64_t I = cast<ConstantInt>(CI->getArgOperand(1))->getZExtValue();
     Value *NewIdx = ConstantInt::get(Type::getInt64Ty(C), I * MinElts);
     NewCall = Builder.CreateCall(NewFn, {CI->getArgOperand(0), NewIdx});
     break;
@@ -5929,7 +5929,7 @@ void llvm::UpgradeIntrinsicCall(CallBase *CI, Function *NewFn) {
       return;
     }
     if (Name.starts_with("aarch64.sve.tuple.set")) {
-      unsigned I = cast<ConstantInt>(CI->getArgOperand(1))->getZExtValue();
+      uint64_t I = cast<ConstantInt>(CI->getArgOperand(1))->getZExtValue();
       auto *Ty = cast<ScalableVectorType>(CI->getArgOperand(2)->getType());
       Value *NewIdx =
           ConstantInt::get(Type::getInt64Ty(C), I * Ty->getMinNumElements());

``````````

</details>


https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/224648


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list