[lld] [llvm] [RISCV] Do not re-validate target ABI in AsmParser if already resolved by streamer (PR #223606)

Alexander Richardson via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 16 07:52:24 PDT 2026


arichardson wrote:

> I think clang got updated to correctly add this info when generating LLVM IR (when this was introduced)
> 
> But I realise that we're also talking about Rust, which won't share that code. Is Rust adding this information to module-level inline asm?

Based on the reproducer just being a global asm `nop` with clang and the right ABI, it looks like Clang does not emit target attributes for global inline asm (https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/213410#issuecomment-5672738816). If you're okay with it I'd prefer to land this change to restore the existing behaviour to unbreak android build bots and then do a more comprehensive fix later (possibly fixing https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/issues/216741). 

Not quite sure what rust does, maybe @durin42 / @RalfJung can comment.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/223606


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list