[llvm] [Mips] Remove MIPS I experimental warning (PR #223230)

Brad Smith via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sun Sep 13 04:02:11 PDT 2026


https://github.com/brad0 created https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/223230

The warning can interfere with build systems that do not expect
diagnostic output on stderr.

>From a145379028923d964cfd5c0b07ce967b9d6f80bb Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Brad Smith <brad at comstyle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2026 00:57:27 -0400
Subject: [PATCH] [Mips] Remove MIPS I experimental warning

The warning can interfere with build systems that do not expect
diagnostic output on stderr.
---
 llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MipsSubtarget.cpp | 7 -------
 1 file changed, 7 deletions(-)

diff --git a/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MipsSubtarget.cpp b/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MipsSubtarget.cpp
index 287a4cbbf5af4..14d507848f2f6 100644
--- a/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MipsSubtarget.cpp
+++ b/llvm/lib/Target/Mips/MipsSubtarget.cpp
@@ -74,7 +74,6 @@ bool MipsSubtarget::MSAWarningPrinted = false;
 bool MipsSubtarget::VirtWarningPrinted = false;
 bool MipsSubtarget::CRCWarningPrinted = false;
 bool MipsSubtarget::GINVWarningPrinted = false;
-bool MipsSubtarget::MIPS1WarningPrinted = false;
 
 void MipsSubtarget::anchor() {}
 
@@ -104,12 +103,6 @@ MipsSubtarget::MipsSubtarget(const Triple &TT, StringRef CPU, StringRef FS,
   if (MipsArchVersion == MipsDefault)
     MipsArchVersion = Mips32;
 
-  // MIPS-I has not been tested.
-  if (MipsArchVersion == Mips1 && !MIPS1WarningPrinted) {
-    errs() << "warning: MIPS-I support is experimental\n";
-    MIPS1WarningPrinted = true;
-  }
-
   // Don't even attempt to generate code for MIPS-V. It has not
   // been tested and currently exists for the integrated assembler only.
   if (MipsArchVersion == Mips5)



More information about the llvm-commits mailing list