[compiler-rt] [compiler-rt][profdata] Use x86 triple in instrprof-debug-info-correlate-warnings.ll (PR #222668)

David Spickett via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 10 07:19:05 PDT 2026


https://github.com/DavidSpickett created https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/222668

Test added by #163254 / 28c048ec0f0a677115a0b00a88a7d013f925f2b8.

It has been failing in Armv8 (32-bit) builds since then. I'm only just getting to it.

warning: overriding the module target triple with armv8a-unknown-linux-gnueabihf [-Woverride-module] 
'x86-64' is not a recognized processor for this target (ignoring processor)
'+cmov' is not a recognized feature for this target (ignoring feature)
'+cx8' is not a recognized feature for this target (ignoring feature) <...>
error: a.c:1:0: in function main i32 (): calling convention is hard-float, but floating-point registers are unavailable

Happens on AArch64 too, but it's not fatal there. This happens because the ll has x86 options in it, but the RUN used whatever the host triple was.

I don't know what's critical in this file, so I'm adding a --target x86 option to the test to fix this.

>From 6e74357d393641bdb76b24d21cde3ccd91949026 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: David Spickett <david.spickett at arm.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2026 14:12:16 +0000
Subject: [PATCH] [compiler-rt][profdata] Use x86 triple in
 instrprof-debug-info-correlate-warnings.ll

Test added by #163254 / 28c048ec0f0a677115a0b00a88a7d013f925f2b8.

This has been failing in Armv8 (32-bit) builds since then. I'm
only just getting to it.

warning: overriding the module target triple with armv8a-unknown-linux-gnueabihf [-Woverride-module]
'x86-64' is not a recognized processor for this target (ignoring processor)
'+cmov' is not a recognized feature for this target (ignoring feature)
'+cx8' is not a recognized feature for this target (ignoring feature)
<...>
error: a.c:1:0: in function main i32 (): calling convention is hard-float, but floating-point registers are unavailable

Happens on AArch64 too, but it's not fatal there. This happens
because the ll has x86 options in it, but the RUN used whatever
the host triple was.

I don't know what's critical in this file, so I'm adding a --target
x86 option to the test to fix this.
---
 .../profile/Linux/instrprof-debug-info-correlate-warnings.ll  | 4 +++-
 1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)

diff --git a/compiler-rt/test/profile/Linux/instrprof-debug-info-correlate-warnings.ll b/compiler-rt/test/profile/Linux/instrprof-debug-info-correlate-warnings.ll
index ecd076c811dcc..5173b197a66e2 100644
--- a/compiler-rt/test/profile/Linux/instrprof-debug-info-correlate-warnings.ll
+++ b/compiler-rt/test/profile/Linux/instrprof-debug-info-correlate-warnings.ll
@@ -1,5 +1,7 @@
+; REQUIRES: x86-64-registered-target
+
 ; RUN: split-file %s %t
-; RUN: %clang %t/a.ll -o %t/a.out
+; RUN: %clang --target=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu%t/a.ll -o %t/a.out
 ; RUN: llvm-profdata merge --debug-info=%t/a.out %t/a.proftext --max-debug-info-correlation-warnings=2 -o %t/a.profdata 2>&1 | FileCheck %s --implicit-check-not=warning --check-prefixes=CHECK,LIMIT
 ; RUN: llvm-profdata merge --debug-info=%t/a.out %t/a.proftext --max-debug-info-correlation-warnings=0 -o %t/a.profdata 2>&1 | FileCheck %s --implicit-check-not=warning --check-prefixes=CHECK,NOLIMIT
 



More information about the llvm-commits mailing list