[llvm] [GVN] Skip instructions without value numbers in performScalarPRE (PR #219851)

via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 10 06:53:27 PDT 2026


github-actions[bot] wrote:

<!--LLVM CODE FORMAT COMMENT: {clang-format}-->


:warning: C/C++ code formatter, clang-format found issues in your code. :warning:

<details>
<summary>
You can test this locally with the following command:
</summary>

``````````bash
git-clang-format --diff origin/main HEAD --extensions cpp -- llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/GVN.cpp --diff_from_common_commit
``````````

:warning:
The reproduction instructions above might return results for more than one PR
in a stack if you are using a stacked PR workflow. You can limit the results by
changing `origin/main` to the base branch/commit you want to compare against.
:warning:

</details>

<details>
<summary>
View the diff from clang-format here.
</summary>

``````````diff
diff --git a/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/GVN.cpp b/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/GVN.cpp
index a623518e1..ef90a2b61 100644
--- a/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/GVN.cpp
+++ b/llvm/lib/Transforms/Scalar/GVN.cpp
@@ -2122,8 +2122,9 @@ bool GVNPass::processNonLocalLoad(LoadInst *Load,
     if (GetElementPtrInst *GEP =
             dyn_cast<GetElementPtrInst>(Load->getOperand(0))) {
       for (Use &U : GEP->indices())
-        // Instructions inserted by GVN during this iteration (e.g. coercion casts
-        // from MaterializeAdjustedValue) may not have value numbers yet are skipped.
+        // Instructions inserted by GVN during this iteration (e.g. coercion
+        // casts from MaterializeAdjustedValue) may not have value numbers yet
+        // are skipped.
         if (Instruction *I = dyn_cast<Instruction>(U.get()); I && VN.exists(I))
           Changed |= performScalarPRE(I);
     }

``````````

</details>


https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/219851


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list