[llvm] [offload][l0] Implement context groups (PR #217562)

via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 31 06:13:51 PDT 2026


Jan =?utf-8?q?Trusiłło?= <jan.trusillo at intel.com>,
Jan =?utf-8?q?Trusiłło?= <jan.trusillo at intel.com>,
Jan =?utf-8?q?Trusiłło?= <jan.trusillo at intel.com>,
Jan =?utf-8?q?Trusiłło?= <jan.trusillo at intel.com>,
Jan =?utf-8?q?Trusiłło?= <jan.trusillo at intel.com>,
Jan =?utf-8?q?Trusiłło?= <jan.trusillo at intel.com>,
Jan =?utf-8?q?Trusiłło?= <jan.trusillo at intel.com>
Message-ID:
In-Reply-To: <llvm.org/llvm/llvm-project/pull/217562 at github.com>


================
@@ -57,6 +57,9 @@ def ol_device_info_t : Enum {
   list<TaggedEtor> basic_etors2 =
       [TaggedEtor<"COOPERATIVE_LAUNCH_SUPPORT", "bool",
                   "Is cooperative kernel launch supported">,
+       TaggedEtor<"CONTEXT_GROUP_INDEX", "uint32_t",
+                  "Context group index; devices with the same value can be "
----------------
blazej-smorawski wrote:

I don't like the idea of introducing a random number that might stop a user from creating a context. I think it's counter-intuitive. I think that I'd rather if we had a plain DRIVER_ID field or something. In my opinion it's better to use something that already exists than to introduce new abstraction that has no reflection anywhere else.

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/217562


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list