[llvm] [BasicAA][TLI] Treat local-linkage globals or known environments as not aliasing errno (PR #170290)

LLVM Continuous Integration via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 24 00:26:17 PDT 2026


llvm-ci wrote:

LLVM Buildbot has detected a new failure on builder `amdgpu-clang-flang` running on `AMD-bb-w-05` while building `llvm` at step 3 "annotate".

Full details are available at: https://lab.llvm.org/buildbot/#/builders/234/builds/2947

<details>
<summary>Here is the relevant piece of the build log for the reference</summary>

```
Step 3 (annotate) failure: 'python ../llvm.src/offload/ci/openmp-offload-amdgpu-clang-flang.py ...' (failure)
...
PASS: libomp :: ompt/worksharing/sections.c (288 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: ompt/tasks/explicit_task_thread_num.c (289 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: ompt/tasks/kmp_task_depend_all.c (290 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: tasking/kmp_task_modifier_simple_ws_new.cpp (291 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: tasking/kmp_task_modifier_simple_ws_old.cpp (292 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: tasking/kmp_task_modifier_simple_par_new.cpp (293 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: tasking/kmp_task_modifier_simple_par_old.cpp (294 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: ompt/parallel/no_thread_num_clause.c (295 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: ompt/parallel/normal.c (296 of 502)
PASS: libarcher :: races/task-taskwait-nested.c (297 of 502)
FAIL: libarcher :: races/task-two.c (298 of 502)
******************** TEST 'libarcher :: races/task-two.c' FAILED ********************
Exit Code: 1

Command Output (stdout):
--
# RUN: at line 13
/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang -fopenmp  -gdwarf-4 -O1 -fsanitize=thread  -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src   /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp -latomic && env TSAN_OPTIONS='ignore_noninstrumented_modules=0:ignore_noninstrumented_modules=1' /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/deflake.bash /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp 2>&1 | tee /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp.log | /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang -fopenmp -gdwarf-4 -O1 -fsanitize=thread -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp -latomic
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: env TSAN_OPTIONS=ignore_noninstrumented_modules=0:ignore_noninstrumented_modules=1 /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/deflake.bash /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: tee /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp.log
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# RUN: at line 14
/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang -fopenmp  -gdwarf-4 -O1 -fsanitize=thread  -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src   /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp -latomic && env ARCHER_OPTIONS="ignore_serial=1 report_data_leak=1" env TSAN_OPTIONS='ignore_noninstrumented_modules=0:ignore_noninstrumented_modules=1' /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/deflake.bash /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp 2>&1 | tee /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp.log | /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang -fopenmp -gdwarf-4 -O1 -fsanitize=thread -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp -latomic
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: env 'ARCHER_OPTIONS=ignore_serial=1 report_data_leak=1' env TSAN_OPTIONS=ignore_noninstrumented_modules=0:ignore_noninstrumented_modules=1 /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/deflake.bash /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: tee /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp.log
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c
# .---command stderr------------
# | /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c:44:11: error: CHECK: expected string not found in input
# | // CHECK: ThreadSanitizer: reported {{[0-9]+}} warnings
# |           ^
# | <stdin>:27:5: note: scanning from here
# | DONE
# |     ^
# | <stdin>:28:1: note: possible intended match here
# | ThreadSanitizer: thread T4 finished with ignores enabled, created at:
# | ^
# | 
# | Input file: <stdin>
# | Check file: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c
# | 
Step 8 (test-openmp) failure: test-openmp (failure)
...
PASS: libomp :: ompt/worksharing/sections.c (288 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: ompt/tasks/explicit_task_thread_num.c (289 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: ompt/tasks/kmp_task_depend_all.c (290 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: tasking/kmp_task_modifier_simple_ws_new.cpp (291 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: tasking/kmp_task_modifier_simple_ws_old.cpp (292 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: tasking/kmp_task_modifier_simple_par_new.cpp (293 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: tasking/kmp_task_modifier_simple_par_old.cpp (294 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: ompt/parallel/no_thread_num_clause.c (295 of 502)
PASS: libomp :: ompt/parallel/normal.c (296 of 502)
PASS: libarcher :: races/task-taskwait-nested.c (297 of 502)
FAIL: libarcher :: races/task-two.c (298 of 502)
******************** TEST 'libarcher :: races/task-two.c' FAILED ********************
Exit Code: 1

Command Output (stdout):
--
# RUN: at line 13
/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang -fopenmp  -gdwarf-4 -O1 -fsanitize=thread  -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src   /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp -latomic && env TSAN_OPTIONS='ignore_noninstrumented_modules=0:ignore_noninstrumented_modules=1' /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/deflake.bash /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp 2>&1 | tee /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp.log | /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang -fopenmp -gdwarf-4 -O1 -fsanitize=thread -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp -latomic
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: env TSAN_OPTIONS=ignore_noninstrumented_modules=0:ignore_noninstrumented_modules=1 /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/deflake.bash /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: tee /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp.log
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# RUN: at line 14
/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang -fopenmp  -gdwarf-4 -O1 -fsanitize=thread  -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src   /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp -latomic && env ARCHER_OPTIONS="ignore_serial=1 report_data_leak=1" env TSAN_OPTIONS='ignore_noninstrumented_modules=0:ignore_noninstrumented_modules=1' /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/deflake.bash /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp 2>&1 | tee /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp.log | /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang -fopenmp -gdwarf-4 -O1 -fsanitize=thread -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp -latomic
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: env 'ARCHER_OPTIONS=ignore_serial=1 report_data_leak=1' env TSAN_OPTIONS=ignore_noninstrumented_modules=0:ignore_noninstrumented_modules=1 /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/deflake.bash /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: tee /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/Output/task-two.c.tmp.log
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c
# .---command stderr------------
# | /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c:44:11: error: CHECK: expected string not found in input
# | // CHECK: ThreadSanitizer: reported {{[0-9]+}} warnings
# |           ^
# | <stdin>:27:5: note: scanning from here
# | DONE
# |     ^
# | <stdin>:28:1: note: possible intended match here
# | ThreadSanitizer: thread T4 finished with ignores enabled, created at:
# | ^
# | 
# | Input file: <stdin>
# | Check file: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/openmp/tools/archer/tests/races/task-two.c
# | 

```

</details>

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/170290


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list