[llvm] [DAG] expandPEXT/PDEP - scalarize vector instructions if the scalar type is legal (PR #216567)

LLVM Continuous Integration via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Sun Aug 16 07:42:24 PDT 2026


llvm-ci wrote:

LLVM Buildbot has detected a new failure on builder `amdgpu-clang-flang` running on `AMD-bb-w-05` while building `llvm` at step 3 "annotate".

Full details are available at: https://lab.llvm.org/buildbot/#/builders/234/builds/2346

<details>
<summary>Here is the relevant piece of the build log for the reference</summary>

```
Step 3 (annotate) failure: 'python ../llvm.src/offload/ci/openmp-offload-amdgpu-clang-flang.py ...' (failure)
...
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_variable_stride.c (1301 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_variable_stride_misc.c (1302 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_partial_to.c (1303 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_ptr_count_expression.c (1304 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: mapping/present/target_update.c (1305 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: mapping/present/target_update_array_extension.c (1306 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_struct_to.c (1307 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_struct_variable_count_and_stride.c (1308 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_to_pointer.c (1309 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_variable_count_and_stride.c (1310 of 1402)
FAIL: libomptarget :: amdgpu-amd-amdhsa :: offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp (1311 of 1402)
******************** TEST 'libomptarget :: amdgpu-amd-amdhsa :: offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp' FAILED ********************
Exit Code: 2

Command Output (stdout):
--
# RUN: at line 1
/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang++ -fopenmp    -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include/cuda -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include/hip -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/kernel/include -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src  -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib -Xoffload-linker -L/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa -Xoffload-linker -L/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/clang/24/lib/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa  -fopenmp-targets=amdgpu-amd-amdhsa /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/offload/test/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa/offloading/Output/multiple_reductions.cpp.tmp -Xoffload-linker -lompdevice && /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/offload/test/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa/offloading/Output/multiple_reductions.cpp.tmp | /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang++ -fopenmp -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include/cuda -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include/hip -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/kernel/include -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib -Xoffload-linker -L/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa -Xoffload-linker -L/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/clang/24/lib/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa -fopenmp-targets=amdgpu-amd-amdhsa /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/offload/test/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa/offloading/Output/multiple_reductions.cpp.tmp -Xoffload-linker -lompdevice
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/offload/test/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa/offloading/Output/multiple_reductions.cpp.tmp
# .---command stderr------------
# | Display last 8 kernels launched:
# | Kernel 0: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned long>() @ 73 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeImEvv_l73)'
# | Kernel 1: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned long>() @ 63 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeImEvv_l63)'
# | Kernel 2: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned long>() @ 56 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeImEvv_l56)'
# | Kernel 3: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned long>() @ 49 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeImEvv_l49)'
# | Kernel 4: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned long>() @ 41 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeImEvv_l41)'
# | Kernel 5: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned int>() @ 89 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeIjEvv_l89)'
# | Kernel 6: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned int>() @ 73 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeIjEvv_l73)'
# | Kernel 7: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned int>() @ 63 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeIjEvv_l63)'
# | Use 'OFFLOAD_TRACK_NUM_KERNEL_LAUNCH_TRACES=<num>' to adjust the number of shown stack traces (0 now, up to 8)
# | OFFLOAD ERROR: memory access fault by GPU 2 (agent 0x6379f5039d90) at virtual address (nil). Reasons: Unknown (0)
# | Use 'OFFLOAD_TRACK_ALLOCATION_TRACES=true' to track device allocations
# `-----------------------------
# error: command failed with exit status: -6
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp
# .---command stderr------------
# | FileCheck error: '<stdin>' is empty.
# | FileCheck command line:  /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp
# `-----------------------------
# error: command failed with exit status: 2

--

********************
PASS: libomptarget :: amdgpu-amd-amdhsa :: offloading/multiple_reductions_simple.c (1312 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_ptr_multiple_from.c (1313 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_ptr_multiple_to.c (1314 of 1402)
Step 9 (Add check check-offload) failure: Add check check-offload (failure)
...
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_variable_stride.c (1301 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_variable_stride_misc.c (1302 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_partial_to.c (1303 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_ptr_count_expression.c (1304 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: mapping/present/target_update.c (1305 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: mapping/present/target_update_array_extension.c (1306 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_struct_to.c (1307 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_struct_variable_count_and_stride.c (1308 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_to_pointer.c (1309 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_variable_count_and_stride.c (1310 of 1402)
FAIL: libomptarget :: amdgpu-amd-amdhsa :: offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp (1311 of 1402)
******************** TEST 'libomptarget :: amdgpu-amd-amdhsa :: offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp' FAILED ********************
Exit Code: 2

Command Output (stdout):
--
# RUN: at line 1
/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang++ -fopenmp    -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include/cuda -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include/hip -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/kernel/include -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src  -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib -Xoffload-linker -L/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa -Xoffload-linker -L/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/clang/24/lib/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa  -fopenmp-targets=amdgpu-amd-amdhsa /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/offload/test/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa/offloading/Output/multiple_reductions.cpp.tmp -Xoffload-linker -lompdevice && /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/offload/test/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa/offloading/Output/multiple_reductions.cpp.tmp | /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/clang++ -fopenmp -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include/cuda -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/include/hip -I /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/../languages/kernel/include -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib -L /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/openmp/runtime/src -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu -Wl,-rpath,/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib -Xoffload-linker -L/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa -Xoffload-linker -L/home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./lib/clang/24/lib/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa -fopenmp-targets=amdgpu-amd-amdhsa /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp -o /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/offload/test/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa/offloading/Output/multiple_reductions.cpp.tmp -Xoffload-linker -lompdevice
# note: command had no output on stdout or stderr
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/runtimes/runtimes-bins/offload/test/amdgpu-amd-amdhsa/offloading/Output/multiple_reductions.cpp.tmp
# .---command stderr------------
# | Display last 8 kernels launched:
# | Kernel 0: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned long>() @ 73 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeImEvv_l73)'
# | Kernel 1: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned long>() @ 63 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeImEvv_l63)'
# | Kernel 2: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned long>() @ 56 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeImEvv_l56)'
# | Kernel 3: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned long>() @ 49 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeImEvv_l49)'
# | Kernel 4: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned long>() @ 41 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeImEvv_l41)'
# | Kernel 5: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned int>() @ 89 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeIjEvv_l89)'
# | Kernel 6: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned int>() @ 73 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeIjEvv_l73)'
# | Kernel 7: 'omp target in void run_type<unsigned int>() @ 63 (__omp_offloading_fc00_4b230ff__Z8run_typeIjEvv_l63)'
# | Use 'OFFLOAD_TRACK_NUM_KERNEL_LAUNCH_TRACES=<num>' to adjust the number of shown stack traces (0 now, up to 8)
# | OFFLOAD ERROR: memory access fault by GPU 2 (agent 0x6379f5039d90) at virtual address (nil). Reasons: Unknown (0)
# | Use 'OFFLOAD_TRACK_ALLOCATION_TRACES=true' to track device allocations
# `-----------------------------
# error: command failed with exit status: -6
# executed command: /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp
# .---command stderr------------
# | FileCheck error: '<stdin>' is empty.
# | FileCheck command line:  /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/build/llvm.build/./bin/FileCheck /home/botworker/bbot/amdgpu-clang-flang/llvm.src/offload/test/offloading/multiple_reductions.cpp
# `-----------------------------
# error: command failed with exit status: 2

--

********************
PASS: libomptarget :: amdgpu-amd-amdhsa :: offloading/multiple_reductions_simple.c (1312 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_ptr_multiple_from.c (1313 of 1402)
PASS: libomptarget :: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu :: offloading/strided_update/strided_update_ptr_multiple_to.c (1314 of 1402)

```

</details>

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/216567


More information about the llvm-commits mailing list