[llvm] Rename misleading `msvcrt` comment in `Windows/DynamicLibrary.inc` (PR #208884)

via llvm-commits llvm-commits at lists.llvm.org
Fri Jul 10 23:25:27 PDT 2026


https://github.com/void2012 created https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/208884

The comment in function `DynamicLibrary::HandleSet::DLSym` referred to the mysterious `msvc.dll` windows standard dynamic library which simply doesn't exist and `msvcrt.dll` was likely meant, so fix the comments.

>From efc53fe298c0ca0a2d2dc12c293342c303d7b358 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: void_17 <61356189+void2012 at users.noreply.github.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2026 13:22:09 +0700
Subject: [PATCH] `msvc.dll` -> `msvcrt.dll`

---
 llvm/lib/Support/Windows/DynamicLibrary.inc | 4 ++--
 1 file changed, 2 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/llvm/lib/Support/Windows/DynamicLibrary.inc b/llvm/lib/Support/Windows/DynamicLibrary.inc
index 4f8c96e78f6ce..f480ce7057569 100644
--- a/llvm/lib/Support/Windows/DynamicLibrary.inc
+++ b/llvm/lib/Support/Windows/DynamicLibrary.inc
@@ -131,10 +131,10 @@ void *DynamicLibrary::HandleSet::DLSym(void *Handle, const char *Symbol) {
 
   if (Handles.size() > 1) {
     // This is different behaviour than what Posix dlsym(dlopen(NULL)) does.
-    // Doing that here is causing real problems for the JIT where msvc.dll
+    // Doing that here is causing real problems for the JIT where msvcrt.dll
     // and ucrt.dll can define the same symbols. The runtime linker will choose
     // symbols from ucrt.dll first, but iterating NOT in reverse here would
-    // mean that the msvc.dll versions would be returned.
+    // mean that the msvcrt.dll versions would be returned.
 
     for (auto I = Handles.rbegin(), E = Handles.rend() - 1; I != E; ++I) {
       if (FARPROC Ptr = GetProcAddress(HMODULE(*I), Symbol))



More information about the llvm-commits mailing list